Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Elyn's first couple of months

The first funny story happened before he was born. I was probabally about 8 months pregnant, and Mark was talking to Elyn through my belly, so his face was really close, and Elyn kicked really hard and hit Mark in the face. Mark's jaw was hurting because of how hard Elyn kicked.

On June 27, 2008 at 5:21 pm Elyn Heston Brown was born. He was early because of some high blood pressure problems I was having. He weighed 6 lbs 3 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. I was in labor for 12 1/2 hours, but only in hard labor for 5 minutes. He was completely healthy.

He started rolling onto his side from his back when he was only two days old. When he was a month old he was holding up his head, trying to stand (with our help of course) and at 2 months was trying to sit up. For his 8,9, and 10th week birthdays we went camping. One thing I have learned about Elyn, he loves to sleep with lots of noise. He sleeps better if there is noise. If it is quiet he will only sleep for 10-15 mins usually, expect for at night.

He is now almost 3 months and is moving enough to fall of the couch when I'm not looking, (my bad, good to know) and he loves to stand, or try to sit up by himself. I think that if he was able to have the balance, and his way, he would be standing and sitting up by himself. So in the last couple days he has been teething, his one little tooth his going up and down poor kid, and he won't let me put him down. This morning I put him in his swing so that I could take a shower when he was awake and when I got out I quietly peeked into his room and he must of heard me or something (I thought I was quiet) because he looked at me and he had this look like "are you really going to make me sit here?" It was a cute look.

Well that's all I can think of right now, I will try to post more stories now that I finally got this started.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Good job Heidi! Welcome to the blog world. This is a fun way to share pics and stories. Try to post like once a week and you´ll remember things better!

You should post some of your camping pics and post about your run in with the "bear" in the middle of the night. lol